Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bilbo Baggins says Goodbye

Bilbo stepping on a stool...he bows in gratitude at the
applause.

FRODO
Speech!

BILBO
(clearing throat)
My dear Bagginses, and Boffins, tooks and
Brandybucks...Grubbs, Chubbs,
Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and
Proudfoots...

ANGLE ON: A HOBBIT WITH PARTICULARLY BIG FEET

ODO PROUDFOOT
Proudfeet!

BILBO
Today is my one hundred and eleventh
birthday. Yes, and alas...Eleventy- one
years is far too short a time to live
among such excellent and admirable
Hobbits! Tremendous outburst of approval!

BILBO (CONT'D)
I don't know half of you half as well as
I should like; and I like less than half
of you half as well as you deserve.

SCATTERED CLAPPING as the guests try to work out if that was
a compliment or not. CLOSE ON: FRODO AND GANDALF smiling to
themselves. CLOSE ON: Bilbo...a strange hum seems to fill his
head. A bead of sweat rolls down his brow.

Bilbo's hand pulls something out of his waistcoat pocket and
holds it behind his back.




BILBO (CONT'D)
I have..things to do and I have put this
off for far too long...

CLOSE ON: BILBO'S
knuckles turn white as he tightens his
grip on the small object behind his back.

BILBO (CONT'D)
I regret to announce, this is the end. I
am going now. I bid you all a very fond
farewell!! Bilbo looks across at Frodo,
hesitates... then...

BILBO (CONT'D)
(whisper)
Goodbye.

Bilbo instantly vanishes. The party explodes into an
uproar... the crowd leaps to its feet.


http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Lord-of-the-Rings-Fellowship-of-the-Ring,-The.html

+

No comments: